19 May 2010

Ideas are like objects

Ideas, like objects possess beauty; I think that's what I like most about them. To me they have an intellectual aesthetic that's all about their creator's perspective--the other ideas s/he pulls together to create content and form, in the artistic sense.

Facts wouldn't be as aesthetically bland as they are, were they to maintain some of their creators' perspectives. They trigger either my yawning reflex or my investigator's mind because they've been stripped of perspective. I like them for their utility though. Facts are like billboards; they can't cover up their primary function no matter how hard they try.

Facts also whore themselves out more than ideas do or can. They're usually following ideas around, whereas ideas are usually followed.

Christmas Caroler verses Pied Piper.